Executive Officer, 1 year contract for the Youth Network section
0 - 1
Job Purpose · To assist Head (Youth Network) in planning, managing and implementing national youth development programmes and schemes.
· To streamline and synergize existing programmes organised by the various agencies, and provide opportunities for sharing ideas, expertise and resources· To establish good working relationships with YN’s internal and external publics in coordinating and facilitating youth development efforts in Singapore towards a shared common Vision for Youth Sector Development.Duties and Responsibilities · Provide secretariat and administrative support to the Youth Network (YN) Working Committee and the Young Business Leaders (YBL).· Coordinates and organises YN and YBL meetings as well as networking sessions.· Compile and draft papers, reports and budgets for projects and meetings.· Works closely with Youth Sector Organisations (YSOs), Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs), other government bodies and community-based organisations to align youth programmes and activities, in order to widen youth outreach and strengthen YSO ties.· Monitor and coordinate youth outreach and engagement efforts at the national, regional and local levels. Keep track of youth initiatives and trends and identify potential collaboration opportunities.· Provide support to the conceptualisation and implementation of the Youth Network Committee. This includes identifying and creating platforms for structured networking, cross-fertilisation of ideas, developing synergies and greater multi-sectoral co-operation.· Establish a youth network community of practice and galvanise participation by creating sharing platforms on youth initiatives and programmes.· Initiate and steer nation-wide youth programmes and activities to increase participation and volunteerism among youth and increase connectivity among youths and YSOs.· Develop and maintain youth network database in NYC to achieve customer intimacy, operational excellence and capacity building.· Establishes contact with and works with NYC’s external publics to garner support and participation in YN’s range of programmes and schemes.· Plans and organises national youth programmes and schemes to develop and maximise the potential of our youth.· Makes regular visits to youth sector organisations with Director (National Youth Council), as part of YN’s efforts to build a good working relationship and knowledge base of youth organisations, their objectives and their work.Requirements* A good degree in any discipline.
* Preferable with some working experience
* Good analytical, writing, communication and project management skills. Have excellent interpersonal and marketing skills to promote youth sector development work. Working location: Toa PayohOnly Singapore citizen need to apply.Closing date: 18 September 2008.For more jobs, please visit:
Interested candidates with above qualifications and experience, please forward detailed resume in MS Word and to include information on the following :
1) Position applied for
2) Reasons for leaving current and/or last employment
3) Last drawn and/or current salary
4) Expected salary
5) Date of availability and/or Notice Period
6) Recent photograph
Please send your updated resume to email@example.com.
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)