To guarantee the Fashion supplier proper implementation of their corporate image within the Luxury Fashion Store; according to the internal fashion specific procedures (merchandising and fashion assortment) and sales perimeter.
To promote sales by attracting customers into the store through the power of the front of store displays, and then through in store display and merchandise layout which increases customers’ time in the store thereby maximising on potential purchases.
1) Visual Merchandising
Responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling presentation of merchandise that engages customers and stimulates sales activity
· Implementing the new fashion assortments including goods introduction, merchandising tracking etc.
· Tact and initiative needed to apply internal practices and sales standards to those as specified by the Fashion brands suppliers.
· Design merchandising skills: training manuals, guidelines for each fashion brand, general trends books focused on fashion trends.
Develop merchandising and display guidelines for each product within its range and each range within the sub-category.
· Conduct sales promotions and participate in the sales indicators analysis.
· Implement at store level the category’s marketing and promotional activities.
Prepare and submit monthly BRM for stores (including performance results, plans and development proposals).
· Maintain budget or below costs associated with visual displays, promotional operations.
· Develop with M&M team and implement a yearly formalised thematic promotional program in conjunction with the buying team.
· Responsible for the right implementation of updated visuals
3) Team collaboration
· Train sales teams to develop skills in merchandising of fashion.
· Ensure that any new staff receives detailed induction and training in all visual merchandising standards and provide adequate ongoing training.
Maintain cleanliness and functionality of fixtures, signage, lights and equipment.
Check daily that all in store displays are presentable, tidy, well stocked and well lit.
· Ensure use of the day book to feed information to other team members
· Maintain high dress standards, wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times
· Be in charge of the stock management of brands’ shopping bags
4) Purchasing / supplying collaboration
Liaise with the buying team to ascertain what has been bought for new seasons or promotions and how to best promote it and exit any seasonal stocks.
Assist in stock transfers, pricing or repricing, execute mark downs and maintain awareness of potential loss prevention issues and activities.
Make recommendation to buying team on customer habits and potential product inclusion.
Report and forecast undercoverages
5) Corporate interactions
· Have a complete understanding of the company Rules and Procedures and Policies and abide by these rules at all times.
Proactive participation in inventory management functions to ensure overall success of visual merchandising effect.
· Provide prompt feedback to management as requested in relation to any aspects of the performance of the category.
· Provide exceptional customer service as directed by the company standards.
Regular contact via internal communications, meetings and telephone with every Store Manager and Operations Director.
Maintain an accurate and up-to-date communications files for all relevant correspondence with suppliers(S drive-Merchandise and Marketing- under the appropriate file directory)
Any other duties as required or as directed
6) Brands collaboration
Be in a closely collaboration with all the external keys actors (Visual Merchandising Department, Sales Department, Marketing Department etc…)
Provide reporting for implementation of new collections
Assure meetings with brands
Increased sales and transaction value.
Improve store staff visual merchandising skills and adherence to planograms through ongoing training.
Improve communication with stores on visual merchandising.
Prepare review at the end of each quarter.
Execution of monthly promotional plan as set by M&M team
Ensure key 100 SKU’s are merchandised appropriately to maintain maximise sales.
Hours of work:
· Visual display work often occurs at times when it is least disruptive to the sales floor and the customer experience.
· The position requires flexibility with early mornings and late nights as well as weekend and public holiday shifts.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Bachelor degree or diploma in Marketing.
At least 2 years previous visual merchandising experience in the luxury fashion industry.
Solid understanding of the principles of marketing.
Sound understanding of the principles of sale.
Ability to initiate new skills (merchandising, marketing, internal communication etc…)
Great listening skills
Good understanding of the principles of customer service
Extremely creative backed up by a passion for fashion
If you are looking for a job in a dynamic environment, please email your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org